2021 FASST 25 yard swim test
2021 FASST 25 yard swim test – at FISD/Bruce Eubanks Natatorium
All new swimmers, ages 10 and under to the FASST swim team must do a 25 yard swim test. There are exceptions: if you have been in stroke clinics, ages 11 and older, or have been on a swim team before, you do not have to do the swim test.
Dates for swim test: Monday, May 10, Tuesday, May 11, Monday, May 17, Tuesday, May 18 and Wednesday, May 19.
Times for test: 6:45 PM
Location: FISD/Bruce Eubanks Natatorium
things to know
1. Have student outside the entrance no later 6:35 PM, with suit, goggles and towelif you are later than 6:35 PM, we will not be able to do the swim test that evening.
2. Have a mask on when entering and leaving the pool
3. We will walk them in to take test, and bring them out around 7:00 PM
4. No parents are allowed in the FISD Natatorium
5. Must sign up online at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Jfaj1Clh5fAYl-M8UIPr1AA_VvQ5GT_jcJarUBzAXE/edit#gid=1224291184
If none of these dates work, get with Coach Trent, we will come up with Plan B.
It is always good to go and practice before you come, like at the FAC, or any other indoor pool. Sometimes the young ones do not make it across the pool the 1st time. But 93 percent of them make it the 2nd time. Swimming is a very important “life long skill” to learn, if your kid goes to a pond, lake, or neighborhood pool, etc. So a summer with FASST will give them the opportunity to gain this “life long skill”.