News and Announcements
FASST Times 5/30/21
1. No swim practice on Monday, May 31 (it is Memorial Day and FISD is closed).
2. Have a safe weekend and a safe Memorial Day.
3. The last day to register for the Carrollton Swim Meet on June 5th is at 10:00 PM on Tuesday, June 1st. There will be no exceptions. Also, I am still suggesting if you have never participated in a swim meet. I would not sign up for the Carrollton Swim meet. We will have a swim meet the following Saturday, June 12 at our pool (FISD/Bruce Eubanks Natatorium).
4. Practice’s -a. try & have your swimmers at the pool, 10 minutes before their practice times. b. write your kids names on their kick boards and fins. c. please pick them up on time. d. later in the week, next week, we think that parents will be allowed in the building. we will let you know, when it will be open.
Please put your swimmers name on the following equipment, with a permanent marker
1. kick board:
2. fins: put name on top of fins
we have already had some equipment left behind, with no names.
Carrollton Swim Meet – Saturday, June 5, 2021 (sign up close at 10 Pm on Tuesday, June 1st)
Host Team: Carrollton Aqua Racers (CARS)
Location: 1334 E. Rosemeade Pky, Carrollton, TX 75007
Facilities: The facility is an 8 lane, 25 meter outdoor pool with Colorado Timing System.
If your kid is new to FASST or swimming, I would honestly wait to swim their 1st meet at the next meet on June 12th, it is the FASST Intra Squad swim meet (only our team at this meet). Carrollton is outdoors, water is cold at this time of the year, the pool is longer, they are limiting the number of swimmers, and several times in past years, we do not get to finish the meet, because they have to open to the public at a certain time.. It could rain, which it has at many of the past meets. I will leave this up to you, and contact me if you have any questions about this. I just do not want to discourage a kid from going to a swim meet.
Registration Deadline – on or before 10 PM on Tuesday, June 1st, NO EXCEPTIONS
(there will be 6 other teams at this swim meet)
Meet Event sign up – Please register online at www.swimfasst.com. You can register to swim for the Carrollton meet on our website at 2 different ways. A maximum of 3 individual events
(1) Click on the tab “PARENTS”, then go to “PARENT PORTAL” then click on “View meets”, then pick the meets, pick the events and hit save.
(2) you should get an e-mail that will have a link to sign up
The deadline to sign-up online is 10:00 PM on Tuesday, June 1st, (no exceptions). DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE THERE. We will not swim relays at this event.
- of Events per swimmer* – Meet limited to 450 swimmers. Athletes may enter up to 3 individual events. No relays. Note that meet may be shortened to allow for public pool opening.
You will always register for “individual events” online (the deadline will always be at 10:00 PM on the Tuesday of the same week as the swim meet). Again, no relays.
June 5, Carrollton meet information
Pool Opens at 6:45 AM
Warm-ups begin at 7:00 AM
Meet begins at 8:00 AM
ADMISSION: Swimmers & spectators ages 3 and older – $5.00
HEAT SHEET – cost is $2.00,
Concessions – will be open
FASST Times 5/22/21 information on (practice)
& equipment purchase and or pick up (see below)
. FASST begins practice on Monday, May 24th at the FISD/Bruce Eubanks Natatorium, we are ready for you. Please drop the kids off 10 minutes early. All swimmers not needing to do the swim test, will go in the front door. All swimmers doing the 25 yard swim test, please meet at the middle door (your parents can walk you up).
DISCLAIMER – day (1) practice is always organized chaos, please be patient.
Things you need to know (some of these rules will lighten up after June 4th)
1. Wear a mask
2. We will check all swimmers temperature
3. No parents inside the building (this might change after June 4th, keep your fingers crossed)
4. If your kid is doing 25 yard swim test, wait outside about 15 minutes, if they passthey will join there group, if not, we will bring them back outside.
5. Have suit on, bring goggles, fins, kick board and a towel. (be ready to go)
. Equipment pick up – We still had about 25 families that have not picked up swim equipment they ordered on April 24 and May 8th. We were going to bring some last week or this week to the swimmers who were doing May Swim Camp, but now that is not an option. So you have (2) choices (see below). If you can come on Sunday, please do, it will help all of us out. If not, come on Monday, May 24 before 20-30 minutes before your practice time (make sure we know what you are picking up and sizes – if you wait till Monday or after), we are going to the bring size you asked for, we can’t bring all the equipment to practice. That takes many cars and volunteers, etc., etc
1. We are going to do it, on Sunday May 23rd at our storage unit from 6-8 PM.
Storage unit – is Cube Smart on Corner of Coit/College near Centennial
High School. address is 12300 College Pkwy, Frisco TX 75035
Did I mention: If you can come on Sunday, please do, it will help all of us out.
2. If you can’t come on Sunday, we will do it before your practice time on Monday, May 24th. Arrive 20 minutes before your practice begins, especially if you are getting a suit or fins.
Other dates coming up. I will send out detailed e-mails on this.
1. Pool will be closed on Memorial Day – Monday, May 31st
2. Our 1st swim meet is on June 5th at Carrolton – not advised for new swimmers, outdoors, and water is usually cold, plus they have a limit on the number of swimmers that can come.
3. 2nd Swim meet is on June 12 at Frisco – FASST swim team only
4. Did I mention, if you can pick up equipment tomorrow night, from 6-8, please do so.
FASST 25 yard swim test information
We will do them on their 1st practice starting the week of May 24th.
So sorry, we normally have FASST Summer Swim Team registration and tryouts in February each year. That didn’t happen, so we tried for May Swim Camp, now we are going to do it the swimmers 1st day of practice. And normally, parents are at the natatorium for the tryouts. But we will get thru it.
Here is how it will go.
1. We will bring them in the pool at practice time (be there 10-15 minutes early).Have them in suit, any kind, goggles, plus the equipment (fins, kick board, etc)
2. We will take them away from other swimmers, so it will be less obstruction.
3. We will be very, very, very patient
4. They swim 25 yards, any way they want to (free style, back stroke, dog paddle, kick on back, etc)
5. If they do not make it, we will bring them back out to parents, about 15-20 minutes after their practice time begins.
6. If they pass, they will stay with the practice group.
7. some might not even get in the water. If it is possible this week, you can go to the FAC, or another pool, and practice before if they are afraid, or just not interested, we can’t flip the switch and if we try to force them, it usually never works out (for that day). Be a calming force, before they come.
8. it can be frightening for a little one, to come in this large natatorium for the 1st time.
If they do not pass,
1. they can still try again, and again
2. many who do not make it the 1st time, will make it the 2nd time
3. several of our former swimmers, who turned out to be college swimmers, did not pass the swim test on their 1st time.
Our goal is for everyone to join the team, a summer of swim team, and they are little fish. And swimming is a life long sport. Doesn’t mean they have to swim high school or college, but if you are around the lake or pond, or a neighborhood pool. It is important to be able to handle yourself in the water.