News and Announcements
FASST Times 5/24/22 – (7) items. – this will be put on our news page at www.swimfassst.com
1. FASST Practice begin on Tuesday, May 31 at the Bruce Eubanks FISD Natatorium, please have the kids in their suit and ready 10 minutes before their practice time.
2. For those who need it, we will have suit and equipment pick up on Tuesday morning from 8:30-10 AM and again in the evening from 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM n the classroom at the FISD Natatorium. For all the morning practices please pick up in the morning (8:30-10 AM), for the evening practices please pick-up in the evening (6;30-7:30 PM).
3. We are not allowing parents at practice on Tuesday and Wednesday of the 1st week. We have done this the past few years and it is easier on our coaches and swimmers. This has worked best for our swimmers, as we evaluate/assess swimmers and put them with the correct groups. We always start out with age, then move a few kids up and down, based on ability. They will be safe as we will have (8) coaches and the FISD has lifeguards.
We will do our 25 yard test during practice time for those who need the test, as most of you know, we did our registration 2 months later this year, because we did not have a pool. When we did our 2022 team registration, we did not have a pool to do a test, we have done this before.
When we do allow parents back on Thursday, parents will be in the stands, at no time during any practice will parents be allowed on the pool deck, (this is coaches and swimmers only).
4. Many kids on our team do not do swim meets, in fact, about 30% of our swimmers each year do not compete at swim meets. If this is the case, we need to know before this Friday, who is not doing swim meets for 2022, please go to this page and put each swimmers name and age who will not compete at swim meets this year: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Jfaj1Clh5fAYl-M8UIPr1AA_VvQ5GT_jcJarUBzAXE/edit#gid=1863695167
5. Our swim meet schedule is on our website at www.swimfasst.com, then go to swim meet schedule. Our 1st swim meet is in Carrolton, On Saturday, June 4. It is an outdoor pool and 25 meters.
6. CARROLTON Swim meet – we will send out an invite to all FASST swimmers tonight or tomorrow with meet information, TAAF is charging $3.00 per event, new for all TAAF teams. We will have parents pay for their swimmers entries on Wednesday and Thursday in the front lobby at the FISD Natatorium. ThIs is new to us and to all the teams, not sure if when you register, if it will take your money online. If not, we will have to take it in the front lobby (cash or check only). The entry deadline will be Tuesday, May 31 at 9:00 PM (no late entries). Again, I will send out meet information later tonight or tomorrow morning (see notes below)
a – please make sure you sign-up before the deadline, they will not take any entries after 9:00 PM on Tuesday, May 31. we hear things like (thought the spouse did this, ooops I forgot until it was 9:03 PM),
b – this only take 2 minutes to do, don’t wait until the last minute.
c – it is $3.00 per event, they are not doing relays, so you can sign up for 3 total individual events.
d – you will not get a refund for missing events, FASST pays them before the meet begins with (1) check for the whole team meet entries
e – if you are new to swimming, this might be a meet to not go to, just don’t want them to go and it be a bad experience. If you do go, maybe pick free and back. We will host a meet at Frisco the next week on June 11
f – it is outdoor pool and water could be a little cold
g – you must wear FASST swim suit at all meets, you do not have to wear a swim cap, but if you do it must be a FASST swim cap.
h – if you have any questions, please call Coach Trent at 214-335-8081
7. All circuit swim meets will have a deadline of Tuesday at 9:00 PM, the same week of that swim meet, see on our website under “Deadlines for signing up for meets”. The only one that might be different, will be the Friday meet on June 17 at Denison, we do not know of yet, if it will be be a Monday or Tuesday, but we will let you know.
Coach Trent 214-335-8081 – call if you need me on anything. We are here for your kids.
FASST Times 5/9/22 – this will be posted on our website under “NEWS”
1. Practice begins May 31 at the Bruce Eubanks/FISD Natatorium – I assume everyone has set up their practice time, if not, e-mail coach Trent at email@example.com.
2. Equipment/Suit/T-shirts – if you didn’t pick it up on our sizing day a few weeks ago, or we ran out of fins or kick board, we will have them this Sunday (see below). We will have suits, shirts, goggles, fins and kick-boards again this Sunday from 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM at our storage unit. No appointments, just show up between 6:30 PM and 8:00 PM at CUBE SMART, 12300 College Pkw, Frisco TX 75035 (corner of College and Coit), near Centennial High School. Equipment required: (fins, goggles and kick board), if you swim in a swim meet, you will need a FASST swim suit. If you wear a swim cap in a swim meet it has to be a FASST cap. Equipment prices: fins – $30, goggles – $15, kick board – $20, swim suit – $50, swim cap – $10.
3. 2022 Swim meet schedule (see below), is also on our website under “swim meets”
June 4 at Carrolton
June 11 at Frisco ISD
June 17 at Denison – this is a Friday night swim meet
June 25 at Frisco ISD
July 2 at Paris, TX
July 9 at Frisco ISD – REGIONAL SWIM MEET
July 21-24 – State meet in Corpus Christi, TX
4. Refund policy reminder: A 70% refund will be granted to any parent/guardian/swimmer who submits a written request to be dropped from the team, to the Head Coach of FASST at firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to May 31, 2022. No refunds will be made after May 31, 2022.
5. High School Volunteers Meeting -
(a) we are having our FASST HS coaches meeting on Monday, May 30th from 6:00PM until 8:00 PM at Rudys in Frisco. Please put a check by your name on the website that you can attend, and also your shirt size. here is link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Jfaj1Clh5fAYl-M8UIPr1AA_VvQ5GT_jcJarUBzAXE/edit#gid=0
(b) If anyone would like to help volunteer this Sunday for the equipment pick up (see information above, please put a check by this on the High School volunteer page.). here is link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Jfaj1Clh5fAYl-M8UIPr1AA_VvQ5GT_jcJarUBzAXE/edit#gid=0
© schedule for May 31 – June 2 is on our website to sign up to volunteer for practices, if you need help doing this get with Coach Trent. here is link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Jfaj1Clh5fAYl-M8UIPr1AA_VvQ5GT_jcJarUBzAXE/edit#gid=1710823989
FASST 2022 Summer Swim Team – update
First of all thanks for your patience. We are planning on having the 2022 Summer Swim Team, we have been working with FISD the past couple of months. They told us that new FISD pool had a deck issue, and they will need to get that fixed before August and maybe could do it in August. They said that they 90% positive that that issue will be fixed and we can practice and have meets at FISD in the summer.
We normally have our summer swim teams registration in February, of course that didn’t happen. But no worries, all the other teams have their summer swim team registration in April, A*ND WE ARE FASST.*
We are waiting on FISD to get with us next week on the details. Hopefully, everything works out and we will have registration starting April 1st.
The TAAF Regional Swim meet will be on Saturday, July 9th. The TAAF State championships will be July 20-24.
So in a nutshell, our next step is to get information from FISD next week, and then send out an e-mail about the 2022 FASST Summer Swim Team (registration, practice times, etc.)
UPDATED “Stroke Clinic” dates for Feb, March and April (see below)
Please see the new dates below, we will finish February next Thursday, March 3. March will now start when we get back from FISD “spring break” week.
February dates (2/8, 2/10, 2/15, 2/17, 2/22, 3/1 and 3/3) – 7 days
Closed on 2/1 and 2/3 for FAC renovations to the pool.
March dates (3/15, 3/17, 3/22, 3/24, 3/29, 3/31 and 4/5) – 7 days
We will not have stroke clinics during FISD spring break – 3/8 & 3/10
April dates (4/7, 4/12, 4/14, 4/19, 4/21, 4/26 and 4/28) – 7 days
So sorry we had to change these dates. But February has already had 3 days cancelled, due to the FAC being closed the 1st week of February and today’s bad weather. Now all three months (Feb, March and April) will all have 7 days of stroke clinics.
FASST Times 10/14/21 – 2 items (Nov. Stroke Clinics and TAAF Winter Games of Texas)
November “STROKE CLINCS” begin on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28.
1. November Stroke Clinics and Semi Private Lessons begin on Thursday, October 28th at the (FAC), Frisco Athletic Center, 5828 Nancy Jane Ln, Frisco 75035 TX, off of Preston Rd. All sessions are full, except the Session 3 in the evenings from 8:25 PM – 9:00 PM (there is 5 openings).
Semi Private Lessons we don’t get to do this often, so take advantage of this, it is indoors at the FAC. We are offering semi private lessons from 4:00 PM – 4:10 PM and from 4:10 PM – 4:20 PM. The coaches are Coach Eubanks, one of the best coaches in the State of Texas, FISD named their pool after him, Also Coach Caroline, she was all state high school swimmer for Wakeland High School. You do not have to be in stroke clinics to do the SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS, work on something you need to work on (strokes, or turns, etc)
Semi Private Lessons – these are filling up very FASST. They will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 – 4:10 PM and 4:!0 – 4:20 PM. $10 per kid, each Coach will have 2 kids per lesson. To sign up, please go to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Jfaj1Clh5fAYl-M8UIPr1AA_VvQ5GT_jcJarUBzAXE/edit#gid=574401106
We will have the following guidelines: wear a mask, and get your temperature checked, no parents allowed at the pool. We will be safe, we will have fun and we will learn the strokes.
Equipment required (goggles, fins, kick board)- If you need to order equipment from us, you must order online on or before 5:00 PM, Wednesday, October 20th . To order please go to this site and let us know what to bring. We will bring the equipment on the 1st night, Thursday, October 28. Please be there 15-20 minutes before your class begins to pick up your equipment: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Jfaj1Clh5fAYl-M8UIPr1AA_VvQ5GT_jcJarUBzAXE/edit#gid=1771924682
Below check in times and class times for Stroke Clinics -
Ages 5-9 (Session 1) Tue/Thur from 4:25 PM – 5:00 PM – MUST CHECK IN AT 4:15 PM
Ages 10-17 (Session 2) – Tue/Thur 8:00 PM – 8:35 PM – MUST CHECK IN AT 7:50 PM
Ages 10-17 (Session 3) – Tue/Thur 8:25 PM – 9:00 PM – MUST CHECK IN AT 8:15 PM
COST: $85 per swimmer per swimmer, for Stroke Clinics (No refunds)
(2) TAAF Winter Games Swimming Championships – information below
The Winter games is completely different from summer games as far as FASST handles it. (1) No coaches attend, (2) you do not have to go to regionals and qualify, basically……(3) you sign up/pay and your in the meet (4) all entries (individual and relays are done by families online (see below).
Date: January 15-16, 2022 in Victoria, Texas
Facility Host: – Victoria ISD Aquatic Center
1006 Sam Houston Dr.
Victoria, TX 77901
Saturday, January 15:
Boys – MorningGirls –Afternoon
*Reserve the right to add a Sunday session if registration numbers warrant
ACTUAL SCHEDULE WITH START TIMES WILL POST ON JANUARY 8
Registration Information: Go to www.taaf.com/wgot2022 and click on Swimming for registration link
Early registration: 10/7/21 – 12/15/21 $20 up to 3 individual events, $25/relay
Registration: 12/16/21 – 1/2/22 $25 up to 3 individual events, $30/relay
Late Registration: 1/3/22 – 1/7/22 $35 up to 3 individual events, $40/relay
NOTE: THE TAAF STATE OFFICE IS CLOSED OVER THE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO REGISTER AS THERE MAY NOT BE ANYONE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS.
The age-up date for this meet is January 14, 2022.