News and Announcements
“Regional/State forms” are due by Thursday, June 27. Put forms in the Regional/State folder at the pool.
Attached file: 2019_Regional_State_Form.pdf
HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all of our FASST Dad’s.
Is your swimmer is going to “Regionals and/or State”. To make it to State (ages 14 and under), you must go to “Regionals” and finish in the top 4 or 5 in your event, we will know the exact number of qualfiers who make it to state later on. All swimmers 15 and older, automatically qualify for the state meet.
DO NOT CHECK STATE if you are not 100% sure you can make it to The Summer Games of Texas in College Station, TX. Many kids qualify for STATE on relays. We can’t change relays, once we turn them in. So if you say you can go to STATE, you must go, otherwise the other 3 kids on that relay, would then not be able to go. This causes “major heart aches” and is not fair to the other kids. We have about 40 room nights reserved for FASST families, we give this information out at regionals.
The “Regional/State form must signed by a parent and turned back into the FASST file folder labeled “Regional/State” forms on or before Thursday, June 27, if we do not receive the form, we will assume your child can’t make it to any of the regional or the state meet. DO NOT PUT THE FORM IN YOUR PERSONAL FOLDER, WE DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO SEARCH 500 FOLDERS EVERYDAY!
Coaches will decide who will swim individual events and relays for the regional and state meet.
- of events at “Regionals/State” – Ages 8 and under can do (3) total events. Ages 9-10 can do (4) total events. Ages 11-14 can do (4) individual events and up to (2) relays. The 15-17 age can do 4 events, plus the (3 mixed relays), ages 18 and older can do unlimited events.
Age 6 and Under, most of you can qualify for State on a 6 and under relay, most teams don’t have enough 6 and unders for a relay. For all agee 14 and under, lots of our kids qualify on relays.
Sessions for the 2019 State games of Texas A&M Natatorium, 797 Olsen Blvd., College Station, TX. The starting times could change.
Session 1: Girls 11-14 – 4:00pm
Session 2: Boys 9/10 and 15/17 – 8:30am
Session 3: Girls 9/10 and 15/17 – 2:00pm
Session 4: Men 18 & over; Boys 8 & under – 8:30am
Session 5: Women 18 & over; Girls 8 & under – 2:00p
Session 6: Boys 11-14 – 8:30am
REMINDER: 18th Annual FASST FUNDRAISER on Tuesday, June 18, at all practices.
If you have any questions, please reply to: email@example.com
The document 2019_Regional_State_Form.pdf was attached to this post.
Team picture day is Monday June 10th for FASST.
Pictures will be taken during the morning practice (7:30- 11:30 am) and evening practices (6:00- 8:45pm) in the classroom on the pool deck.
Answers to some FAQ-
- Yes, siblings can be photographed together, however there is a $5 charge for each additional person in a picture.
- Yes, swimmers can be in the team picture that have not purchased a picture package, however, there will be a $5 charge for the photoshop work required for the individual.
- Yes, you may take pictures on picture day and order your package on our website at a later time.
- The team picture will be a photoshop composite picture of all the swimmers and coaches. Please see the second bullet point.
- Yes, we will accept credit cards on picture day.
- Swimmers can be photographed in either their team suit or with a team shirt and suit, however they feel more comfortable.
- Panoramic prints will not be available for this shoot because of the volume of swimmers.
- Any additional questions can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is now open for the FASST “School” Practice Session – (May 20 – May 30), evenings only, for 2 weeks. Please register at the FASST team website at www.swimfasst.com, you will see a BIG RED BUTTON that says “REGISTER NOW”
How about the 2019 “Summer” Practice Schedule – we will send out information on the “summer” practice schedule in 2 weeks.
Kids can either practice on a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday, but not both. If it doesn’t matter what nights you choose, then please choose Tuesday/Thursday, because it will have less kids. Many kids do not start practice until school is out (the Summer Practice season), if you aren’t going to practice during the school practice session, please do not sign up for it.
6:45 – 7:20 PM (ages 8 and under)
7:20 – 8:00 PM (ages 9 – 11)
8:00 – 8:45 PM (ages 11 and older) *
So if you are age 11 you have 2 choices.
1. Can we do Mon/Thur or Tue/Wed practices? No, either Mon/Wed or Tue/Thur for these 2 weeks.
2. How about the summer practice schedule (when school is out), when will we know about that? In 2 weeks, I will send out information on the summer practice schedule. For the summer practice schedule (begins Monday, June 2nd), we have 3 morning practices (8, 9, and 10) and 2 evening practices (6:45, 7:45), Please wait till then before asking for different practice times.
3. I have one kid in the 1st practice and another one in the 2nd practice for May 20 – May 30, can I put them together? Its possible, we normally don’t do this until the summer practices., So lets wait intill a few days before to ask Coach Trent if it is possible. The summer practices, beginning June 2nd, we usually have “no problems”.
4. What if our child can’t make any of the school practices. No big deal, it is the last 2 weeks of school, many of our kids will not start practice until the 2019 school year is over. Also, 15 of the other 17 teams in our region, do not start until schools gets out.
FASST Mandatory “New Parents Meeting” is Thursday, April 11th at Staley Middle School. 6927 Stadium Lane, Frisco, TX 75033, near the natatorium.
From 5:45 PM till 7:20 PM, you can pick up “suits/t-shirts” if you have been sized. You can also purchase (fins – $25, goggles – $15, and swim caps – $10). We will also do sizing for suits/shirts from 5:45 PM – 7:20 PM. Any FASST “Spirit wear” ordered online before March 21, can be picked up at the parents meeting. A tip, please try and show up early, otherwise we will have a bottle neck at 7:00 PM.This will be the last night to order “spirit wear”. Anyone who orders at the parent meeting will receive it during the 1st week of practice. 7:30 PM the “new parent” meeting begins, we will discuss the following topics, plus some. Agenda for Parents meeting……………………
1. Team Philosophy/Coaches Philosophy.
2. Meet the FASST Board of Directors.
3. “School Practice schedule” and sign-ups for the FASST practices for (May 20 – May 30)…. (this will be done online only, a few days after the parents meeting, at www.swimfasst.com
4. “Summer Practice schedule” (June 3 – July 18) information and how to sign up for it.
5. “Meet schedule” and how to sign up for meets for both “swimmers” and “volunteers”.
6. This is the “last day” to order FASST “SPIRIT WEAR” (polo shirts, cheer and baseball shorts , FASST towels, visors, FASST back packs, dry-fit shirts, car decal)
7. Volunteering for FASST.
8. FASST 101 meeting – for new parents of FASST
9. Each family who attends our “NEW PARENT MEETING” will receive our “Award Winning” 2019 FASST “Parents Handbook” with the 2019 FASST Meet schedule, contact information, rules, expectations, etc.Volunteers for parents meeting 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM: We also need High School and Adult Volunteers, you can go to our website, must be logged in, go to High School volunteers tab at the top of the website, open it up then go to FASST Parents Meeting, or e-mail Coach Trent.
If you have any questions, please reply to: email@example.com
Welcome to the online store for FASST. (towels, shirts, caps, tank tops, shorts, visor, bling, stadium seats, etc ) must order before midnight on March 5th, all spirit wear ordered before then will be available to pick up at the parents meeting in April. Must order online at https://fasstspirit2019.itemorder.com/
Orders will be accepted until May 5th at midnight. Orders will be processed together after the store closes. All orders will be processed together after the store has closed and will be available for pickup at Frisco Sports Center upon completion.
If you do not receive an emailed receipt, your checkout is incomplete and your order has not been submitted. Be sure to enter a valid email address during checkout.
Please note that all items are custom and, therefore, cannot be returned or exchanged unless there is a defect in the product. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please select items carefully when ordering. If you have any questions, please contact Frisco Sports Center at 972-335-3630.